2019 Raisin product report - Ratinkhosh

2019

Iranian Raisins Statistics

The approximate amount of Iran grape production comes to a total of 3,000,000 tons per year.
75 % of this amount is consumed fresh and the remaining 25 % is used to produce raisins.

In order to produce 1 kg raisins, 3 to 4 kg of grapes are required. This ratio depends on the percentage of sugar content in the harvested grapes which increases as the grape maturity advances. As a result, every 4 kg of grapes harvested on September 10th yield 1 kg raisins while for the grapes harvested on September 20th only 3.5 kg of grapes is enough to yield the same amount of raisins.

Averagely

20 to 25 %

of bulk raisins’ volume is waste. This ratio changes with quality of the raisins. Clearly as the product quality decreases the waste percentage goes higher and final product amount decreases.

The total estimated amount of raisin products in the upcoming year is 180,000 to 200,000 tons. Which is equal to 150,000 tons of final product (minus waste).

Estimated Production Amount of

Different Types of Raisins:

1.
Sultana raisins
130.000 tons

4.
Kashmiri (long) gold
raisins 10,000 tons

2.
Normal golden raisins
30,000 tons

5.
Sun-Dried raisins
10,000 tons

3.
Kashmari (long) green
raisins 12,000 tons

The amount of raisins remaining from last year is 20,000 tons.
20% of the total raisin production equal to 35,000 tons goes to domestic consumption.
75 % of the total raisin production equal to 115,000 tons is exported abroad.

The major consumption of raisin products in target countries is in January and about 60 % of raisin is exported from mid-September till the end of February.

See More Articles

turkish pistachio production

Turkish Pistachio Production Report

Turkey is known as the third-largest country for pistachio production after Iran and the United …

See More
blanched almond flour vs unblanched almond flour

What is the difference between blanched almond flour and unblanched almond flour?

While reading different recipes, you may have seen different types of almond flours, which are …

See More
almond flour vs almond meal

What is the difference between Almond flour and Almond meal?

Many products are made by almond kernels, the healthy and beneficial nut. The most popular …

See More
Can people be allergic to Dates?

Frequently Asked Questions about Dates

Dates are the sweets drops of heaven, as they are mentioned in many religions. Eating …

See More
guide on different hazelnut varieties

A comprehensive Guide on Different Varieties of Hazelnut

Consumers around the world are looking for healthier options for snacks. Hazelnuts, also known as …

See More

2019 Raisins Products Report

Download PDF of this article

Close Menu