Date syrup is a preferred ingredient for most people who want to follow a healthy lifestyle, especially the ones who have to avoid consuming sugar due to their health conditions, such as diabetes. In case you wonder how you can incorporate date syrup into your daily diet, here we have listed 11 great date syrup recipe ideas to get you started.
However, there are more desserts and cakes you can make with date syrup than we included here. If you have date syrup in your kitchen, feel free to use these tried and true recipes. .
- How to Make Date Syrup at Home
- 1. Vegan French Vanilla Ice Cream with Date Syrup Recipe
- 2. Vegan Date Syrup Shake Recipe
- 3. Date Syrup BBQ Chicken Recipe
- 4. Vegan cacao mousse using date syrup recipe
- 5. Brownie Protein Balls with Date Syrup Recipe
- 6. Apple and Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
- 7. Vegan Breakfast Nut Bars with Date Syrup Recipe
- 8. Asian Style Tofu Salad With Date Syrup Recipe
- 9. Chocolate Granola with Date Syrup Recipe
- 10. Low Carb Almond Bread Recipe
- 11. Eggs with Date Syrup for Breakfast Recipe
How to Make Date Syrup at Home
Before introducing the date syrup recipes, I’d like to explain something. In case you are picky about the quality of your date syrup or live somewhere with no access to fresh date syrup, you may want to make the date syrup yourself.
To make date syrup at home, you have to find good quality fresh dates that look plumpy and juicy. Sayer dates, for example, are suitable for this purpose. Check chem in our date ingredients. You also need a high-speed food processor.
Because dates contain very little water, you have to add water to strain out the nectar from the dates. Usually, date syrup is made by heating dates in water, blending the dates, pressing the mixture through a filter to strain out pits and insoluble parts of the date, and then evaporating the water added at the beginning of the process.
Steps for Making Date Syrup at Home:
- Wash the pitted dates and soak them in hot water for almost 2 hours.
- Mash the dates completely. You can use a blending machine for this process.
- Use a cheesecloth as a filter, and extract the water from the rest of the ingredients.
- Squeeze the dates in the cheese clothes to remove all its water.
- Put the pulps remaining in the cheese clothes in the bowl again. Add some water and let it boil.
- Do the filtering part again.
- Now you need to boil the water that is in the bowl to make it as sticky as honey.
- Put the date syrup in an airtight container.
- Let it cool down and then store it in the refrigerator or any cool and dry place.
Read date syrup benefits and uses or date ingredients for what your date syrup should look like.
1. Vegan French Vanilla Ice Cream with Date Syrup Recipe
Vegan ice cream made with coconut milk is very creamy and rich tasting as it is homemade with less sugar and no funky additives, thickeners, or preservatives. The recipe needs two hours to complete.
Ingredients for vegan French vanilla ice cream with date syrup
- 2 cups canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pure date syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Instructions for making vegan French vanilla ice cream with date syrup
Blend all ingredients together in a bowl until everything is well mixed.,
Transfer the mixture to your ice cream maker (if you have one) and stir according to the manufacturer’s directions for your machine. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can still make ice cream by freezing the mixture in ice cube trays, then crushing the frozen ice cubes in a high-speed blender. Continue beating until the mixture is ice-creamy soft and smooth
You can eat the ice cream straight from the blender or freeze it for a few hours for a firmer texture.
Don’t forget to drizzle your ice cream with date syrup or chocolate!
2. Vegan Date Syrup Shake Recipe
This date syrup shake is naturally sweet from the date syrup, super filling, and packed with protein and fiber.
Ingredients for the date syrup shake
- 2 bananas (frozen)
- 3 tablespoons date syrup (Or 4 pitted dates)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 cups almond milk
Instructions for making the date syrup shake
This date syrup recipe needs only a few minutes to complete.
Put all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and mix for 60-120 seconds until you get a smooth and creamy texture. Your shake is smoother if you used date syrup instead of pitted dates.
Taste the smoothie, adding more milk if it is too thick or adding more date syrup if it’s not sweet enough for you.
Pour the shake into a cup or mason jar. Enjoy immediately, or store in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
3. Date Syrup BBQ Chicken Recipe
Ingredients for date syrup BBQ chicken
- 12 drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon date syrup
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce (your preference)
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
Instruction for making date syrup BBQ chicken
The date syrup BBQ chicken recipe takes about 6 hours to complete.
Add salt, pepper, lemon juice, garlic, and date syrup to the chicken in a zip lock bag and marinate for four hours or more
Preheat the oven to 400°F (204°C).
Lay the chicken skin-side down on a greased cookie tray and bake at 400°F for about 25-30 mins.
Mix BBQ sauce and Sriracha in a small bowl (BBQ mixture). More or less Siracha depends on how much spice you like in your chicken.
About 10 minutes into baking, baste the chicken with BBQ mixture or just pour the BBQ mixture over the chicken. Then bake the chicken for another 10 minutes. Flip the chicken over and baste with BBQ mixture again and finish cooking. After the chicken is done cooking, broil (grill) the chicken at a low temperature for about 5 minutes just to caramelize it a bit more.
4. Vegan cacao mousse using date syrup recipe
Learn to make the best creamy vegan chocolate mousse recipe in less than 5 minutes, using basic ingredients you might already have in your kitchen!
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup date syrup
- 1 package silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Fresh berries, raspberries, pistachios, chocolate curls (optional)
Instructions for making the Vegan cacao mousse with date syrup
Add all the ingredients (except for toppings) to a blender or food processor. Blend until completely smooth, pausing occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl, if necessary.
Chill the mixture in serving bowls for one hour.
Enjoy cold, plain, or with some fresh fruit.
5. Brownie Protein Balls with Date Syrup Recipe
These vegan chocolate brownie protein balls are super easy to make, and they are such a delicious and healthy snack. Even kids like them.
Ingredients for brownie protein balls
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons pea protein
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon Chia seed
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoon Date syrup
- 1/4 cup mini vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- Optional add-ins: coconut flakes, walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, and dried fruits
Instructions for making brownie protein balls
Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
Once the ingredients are combined, roll the dough into small bite-sized balls.
Store the protein balls in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
6. Apple and Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
Ingredients for 12 servings of apple and pumpkin cookies
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon or pumpkin spices
- Few Raisins (sliced if they are jumbo)
- Dates syrup
Instructions for making apple and pumpkin cookies
This healthy, delicious recipe takes a quarter-hour to complete.
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Add date syrup depending on how sweet you want the cookies to be.
Use a spoon to place the cookies in a baking pan. Sprinkle cookies with extra cinnamon.
Bake the cookies at 180 degrees Celsius in an oven for 12-15 minutes.
Take the cookies from the oven and let them cool.
7. Vegan Breakfast Nut Bars with Date Syrup Recipe
The vegan breakfast nut bars are filled with nutrients and energy and are great as a convenient quick breakfast or energy-booster snack.
Ingredients for vegan breakfast nut bars with date syrup
- 3 cups mixed chopped nuts and seeds
- 1 cup mixed dried fruits
- 1 cup dried coconut
- 1 cup whole oats
- 1/4 cup linseeds or 1/4 cup linseed flour
- 1/5 cup chia mixed with 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup date syrup (10 soaked pitted dates)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
Instructions for making breakfast nut bars
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
Combine chia with water and put it aside to form a gel.
Melt peanut butter and coconut oil together. Blend in date syrup, cinnamon, vanilla essence, and chia gel.
Mix wet ingredients thoroughly with dry ingredients.
Put the mixture in a tray greased with olive oil or lined with baking paper as you prefer. Press the mixture down and to the edges.
Cover the mixture with baking paper. Place it in the freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Bring the mixture from the freezer, put it onto a board, and slice it into bars/squares (You can also shape into balls/logs if it’s crumbly).
Store nut bars in the freezer.
8. Asian Style Tofu Salad With Date Syrup Recipe
This Asian style tofu salad with date syrup takes 40 minutes to complete. It is a truly unique, healthy and delicious salad with the flavor mix of all the vegetables and a hint of soy sauce, garlic, dates syrup, and the interesting texture and taste of tofu. This is easy to make, and can be enjoyed by anyone of age and at any time
Ingredients for Asian-style tofu salad with date syrup
Ingredients for the salad
- 100 g tofu cubes
- 1small bowl chopped spring onion
- Coriander sprigs (as needed)
- 1small bowl sprouts
- 1small bowl carrots
- 1 sliced cucumber
Ingredients for the dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped ginger
- to taste chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Salt (as needed)
- 2 teaspoons date syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (for garnishing)
Instructions for making the Asian style tofu salad with date syrup
Mix all the dressing ingredients well.
Marinate the tofu in the dressing and put it aside for 30 minutes.
Grill the tofu cubes.
Mix the salad ingredients well.
Then mix them with the grilled tofu and the remaining dressing.
9. Chocolate Granola with Date Syrup Recipe
The chocolate granola recipe is super easy, taking only an hour to complete. It creates a healthy, delicious snack for everyone.
Ingredients for chocolate granola with date syrup
- 3 cups (300 g) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (25 g) cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (105 g) whole almonds
- 1/2 cup (65 g) raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup (65 g) sunflower seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil (any flavorless oil, vegetable, canola, sunflower oil)
- 1/3 cup (113 ml) dates syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup (87 g) milk chocolate chips
Instructions for making chocolate granola with date syrup
Preheat the oven to 170°C (338°F) and grease the baking tray with oil or butter.
Mix all the dried ingredients (rolled oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, salt, and cocoa powder) in a large bowl.
In another bowl, add oil, honey, water, and vanilla essence along with brown sugar and mix.
Combine the wet and the dry ingredients together. Make sure everything is moistened or the granola might burn while baking.
Spread the granola on the prepared baking tray and insert the tray into the middle rack of the oven. Bake for around 35-40 minutes or until it turns golden brown. Stir the granola every 15 minutes to ensure baking on all sides.
Once baked, add the chocolate chips and let them cool down completely.
Granola is soft when you take it from the oven, but it will turn crispy after it cools down.
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
10. Low Carb Almond Bread Recipe
This low-carb almond bread recipe suits everyone who is looking for something healthy, especially those who care about their carb intake.
Ingredients for low carb almond bread
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon date syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Instructions for making low carb almond bread
Combine wet ingredients (date syrup, olive oil, eggs, and cider) thoroughly and then put aside.
Mix the dry ingredients in a food processor.
Then add the wet ingredients into the food processor and mix until fully combined.
Pour the batter on a baking sheet. Bake for about 45 minutes ( if a toothpick inserted into the bread, it should come out clean).
11. Eggs with Date Syrup for Breakfast Recipe
This simple eggs with date syrup recipe takes only a few minutes to complete. It combines the rich nutrition of both ingredients.
Ingredients for date syrup eggs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon date syrup
Instructions for making eggs with date syrup
Whisk the eggs in an appropriately sized bowl until it’s mixed.
Blend in one tablespoon of date syrup. Mix again.
Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Wait until the oil is hot enough.
Pour the mixture into the pan. Put the lid on.
Cook until the top is set. Then flip and cook the other side.
Your eggs with date syrup is ready.
There are lots of beautiful ideas to make healthy foods and desserts with date syrup. Here we introduced some easy-to-make and delicious date syrup recipes to get you started. The point is that date syrup can go well with many foods and desserts, from something as easy as ice cream to grilled chicken.
Have you tried any of these recipes?
Please write about your experience in the comment section below.