If you ever craved coconut and pistachio together, gluten-free pistachio coconut recipe would be the best for you. It may seem a bit springtime, but it’s easy to make and delicious. It takes 20 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to cook 2 dozen cookies of 24 servings. Your cookies look cuter if you buy ready-to-use pistachio powder if you feel uneasy about making it yourself (see pistachio products).
Ingredients for baking Coconut Pistachio Cookies
- ½ cup pistachio powder
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (gluten-free, optional)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut flakes
Coconut pistachio cookies will be completed in 2 to 3 simple steps. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) to get started.
How to make the Coconut Pistachio Cookies batter
- Step 1
Combine the shortening, butter, white sugar, brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract in a large bowl; Mix in an electric blender until smooth.
- Step 2
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Add them to the shortening mixture and beat slowly until thoroughly combined. Then add pistachio powder and coconut flakes into the dough and mix gently using a large spoon or your hands until evenly distributed. The cookie batter (dough) is ready to put in the oven.
Baking the Coconut Pistachio Cookies
Drop heaping spoonfuls of the cookie batter onto 2 baking sheets. Place them in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes (the cookies should be lightly browned around the edges).
Remove the baking sheets from the oven and let the cookies cool for 1 minute before transferring them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Store the cookies in an airtight container.
We introduced an easy recipe for making gluten-free coconut pistachio cookies that take only half an hour to cook. They are so delicious, crispy on the outside with a soft gooey center.
As always you need a little bit of practice until you get the recipe right.
And don’t forget to share your experiences with us.
Tell us what your cookies taste like?
Share your comments in the comment section below.