- Preheat oven to 165 degrees C.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
- combine the fallowing ingredients and beat them with an electric mixer until smooth: shortening, butter, white sugar, brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract
- Add the flour mixture to the shortening combination and beat slowly until thorougly combined.
- Mix in the pistachios and coconut flakes until evenly distributed. You can use a large spoon or just mix them with your hands.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes until bottoms are light golden brown.
Store the cookies in an airtight container so that they will not go dry.