- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C and butter a 20-by-20-by-5-cm baking pan.
- Combine flour, outs, brown sugar and baking soda and blend the mixture with your fingers until it looks like crumbs.
- Transfer two-third of the mixture into the baking pan you prepared earlier and press into bottom and the sides.
- Spread date paste over the mixture and cover with the remaining crumbs.
- Bake 35 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Let the pan cool down, invert onto a plate then invert back. Cut into 5-cm pieces.
Store the date squares in an airtight container.